Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Friday Finds

On Friday I went with my mom and her two friends over to Bridgeton Maine to do some thrifting. I thought I was a dedicated thrifter these two ladies have me beat! We shopped some dumps (one you even had to purchase things from the dump store!), a few yard sales, a few antique stores, and a thrift store. We barely stopped for lunch. I was so exhausted when I got home that I had to take a nap!

You can't probably see it but I got garland at the dump to beef up my mantel

This is going to get a good coat of off white paint.Im going to spray paint the clock black. I love the baby sled for baby Danforth, An old florist frog, and a tin tray. Please excuse the mess in the mud room.


BUT MY FAVORITE FIND OF ALL TIME......


My friends Josh and Aly have been looking for a scotch drinking chair for their new house. I found this baby at a yard sale with a price tag of $100.00. I couldn't get ahold of them so I didn't buy it the first time. But they called me during lunch and I went back to the yard sale and thank god it was still there. It is a soft leather chair, it is fantastic. I got them down to $75.00 and then played the pregnancy card and got it down to $65.00. I just love it and so do they! Now I have a list of items they would like to go with the scotch chair! It barely fit in the car I had to ride home from Maine sitting in the chair in the back of my mom's suv.

No comments:

Post a Comment