Sunday, November 29, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Life has been extremely... well lets tell it like it is... AWFUL at the Danforth household!
Hubby and I woke up Monday morning to the sounds of a waterfall, (sounds beautiful right?)Well.. that waterfall was coming from our water heater which in turn was creating an indoor pool in our finished basement. So we immediately had to haul out all of our furniture on to the lawn (this includes 3 ton of pellets, a lot of storage, and 3 couches... among other pieces of large furniture) So we have had two days of non stop clean up and dealing with plumbers, insurance, and service master.
On top of all of this my Uncle Richard passed away suddenly this morning. My heart goes out to my poor aunt and cousins.
So that is why I love the saying from my mother: "When you hit rock bottom there is really no where to go but up"
Sunday, November 8, 2009
For some reason talk of my thrifting adventures came up a lot this weekend. A lot of our close friends read my blog and im always excited to share my finds and strategies.
A talk of thrifting ethics came up and I began pondering these questions:
- When you receive many items for free from stores (whether it be from cash back, or register rewards, or coupons & Sales) should you donate these items to charity ? (for instance I have many tubes of free toothpaste under my sink, and I understand that an individual does not need to have 5 tubes of toothpaste at one time, but you can always use toothpaste).
- Should people who are fortunate enough to be able to buy brand new clothes shop at rummage sales or thrift stores? Or should thrift stores and rummage sales be only for people who cannot afford to buy new clothing for themselves and their family?
I've been thinking a lot about these conversations this weekend, but I would like to know what do you think?
Side Note: Hubby and I are extremely lucky to have such wonderful friends who are able to discuss diverse points of view on so many topics.
Friday, November 6, 2009
In my mail I found these free items:
- A FULL SIZED box of Betty Crocker Au Gratin potatoes with .50 off coupon
- Free any color panty coupon from Victoria Secret with no purchase necessary. (Im not a believer of credit cards but the Victoria Secret Credit Card has some awesome deals)
- Free Barenaked granola bar with 1.00 off coupon
*Many of these deals were found on Frugal Focus.com
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
- Brand new wool green sweater vest from the limited
- Purple button down shirt from New York and Co.
- Gray long sleeve cotton shirt from old navy
- Blue long sleeve hooded cotton shirt from Gap
- And an ugly printed shirt from a boutique with all the tags on it (im going to sell it on ebay)
- Not pictured but also in the six dollars was a glass container that went in my bathroom to hold cotton balls.
- Also not pictured but in the $6.00 were black super cute steve madden flats but soo not my size (They were a 10 im a 6) so i passed them off to my friend amanda (who im trying to turn into a thrifter!)