Saturday, July 24, 2010

How Long Does It Take To Become A Good Seamstress?

So I decided to try my hand at sewing again. I jumped into walmart real quick and found this fabric I had been eyeing on sale for 3.97 a yard (down from 9.97) so even though that is a tad expensive for me I figured why not. So I started sewing some pillow cases for the ugly valour pillows in our basement. I do fine until I have to sew the pillow into the case. I've resorted to sewing in Velcro. One so I can wash them if needed and two, I didn't leave enough space to sew the pillow into the case. Sorry for the awful picture, the fabric is yellow with splashes of coral, looks great with my brown couch.My other project is an old tool box my mom gave me. I love it! So I sanded it down and spray painted it black of course. Im going to put some plant pots in it.


Adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment