Monday, September 6, 2010

Small Town Girl Yard Sale Finds

Happy Labor Day To All!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and was able to enjoy it with friends and family. Hubby and I spent the day in Boston on Saturday with his family. We did alot of eating, shopping, and chatting. Hubby and his sister had bought his dad tickets to the Red Sox for his dad's last birthday, so the men enjoyed the game while the women shopped and went out to dinner. It was fun, but it reminded me why I only like to visit the city and not live there. Here is a picture of me and my sister in law out to eat in Boston!


I did get to hit up some yard sales on Sunday and Monday. There were not a ton of them around Fairview Ave. but I managed to get some good loot.


11 Do It Yourself Magazines from Better Homes and Gardens. My mother at http://acornhollow.blogspot.com/ is obsessed with books, I got that obsession but for some reason it went towards magazines not to books. $1.00. (approx. 9 cents a magazines)

White V-Neck T-shirt, the teenage girl at the sale said she bought it and never wore it $1.25.

3 smencils- these will be great for school, these are smelly pencils and the kids love them, Apple, Rootbeer, and bananas. $.25 a piece

Decorative latern with a candle inside $1.00

Cute decorative christmasy plate $1.00

1 pair of mittens $1.00- I was so excited when I found these gloves they are brand new never worn and very snuggly. I got them home and was showing them to hubby and realized one is quite a bit larger than the other. Jeez.... well they'll still be good for recess duty.

Monday was less productive.

Two pictures that are going in my hall way for a $1.00 a piece

Brand new scented drawer paper $3.00

Total Yard Sale Finds: $11.00

1 comment: