Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
I am connecting to Beauty and Bedlam http://beautyandbedlam.com/ Tasty Tuesday!
Maple Glazed Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
I torture myself everytime I go and go visit the doggies. This guy was super cute his name was Lurch and man was he huge! The woman told me he was close to 200lb. Bailey and I thought he would be a wonderful addition to our family, until the volunteer at Harvest Hills told me he didn't like male dogs. Well that was the end of that. Isnt he cute though!
Yup a real Orchid. I've never had an Orchid before and heard that they can be quite tricky to keep. I figured for $5.00 if it dies it dies. Bailey (our black lab) and I also did some thrifting a few days ago at our favorite thrift store Nine Lives Thrift Store (Harvest Hills Animal Shelter). Bailey came from the Humane Society and what a great way to donate money by buying from their thrift store. I found some great stuff. Blog to follow :)
Monday, February 15, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
I wish I could say im a fabulous cook, but im still learning. My mother is a wonderful cook and im hoping those genes will rub off on me eventually.
I found this recipe on the web, and since hubby and I are super picky eaters we love it. I dont think its that great for you, but it sure is tasty.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup teriyaki basting sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 (3 ounce) can bacon bits [I used about 6-7 pieces of real bacon]
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Here's how you make it :
Pre-heat over to 350
First, I cooked the bacon & set it aside
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned.
Place browned chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush with teriyaki sauce.
Then, spoon on Ranch salad dressing.
Sprinkle with cheese
Then sprinkle bacon
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with parsley
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Unfortuneately there were no high heeled boots to be found but... I found some other great deals on the clearence rack!
- Seven Jeans (not to get confused with the brand Seven for Mankind.) I love love love these jeans they always fit me soo well and they're usually $29.99 but today I found them for $10.00!
- Wicked cute Bandolino sling backs with a pointy toe and cute bow on the front. The 6 1/2 was $10.00 but the 7 1/2 was $15.00 (bizzarre to me) so of course I needed the 7 1/2 so i dragged both sets of shoes up to the register. The sales girl didn't seem impressed but told me this once she would give me the 7 1/2 size for $10.00
- Last but not least a chocolate brown sleeveless shirt with a scoop neck. Super cute $7.00
I have always had a love for TJ Maxx. Before my thrifting days I spent alot of time (and money) there. I dont visit there as much as I like to find cheaper deals, but still have to stop in every once in a while.
So for $27.00 I had a great trip. Pictures to follow!
Happy Super Bowl