Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This is what I did today.... dollar days

Today is the big day! Hubby and I made a hugeeeee purchase and it is being delivered today! We bought a sleep number bed!!! Im extremely excited, hopefully the sleep I do get will be much better thanon my $199 mattress. Miss Baby and I ran some errands today, here is some photos of what we did.


First stop the dump... Nothing in the dump store today.. Darn it! In the summer Tuesdays are the best picking days! The only thing in the dump store was some old doggie toys, and a coffee maker. I need neither of these things so we went on.















Our second stop the dollar store. I love the dollar store. I bought some much needed items
all for $7.00














Our third stop. The overpriced (in my opinon) thrift store. We didn't get anything there today. I think I might have to take this one off my rotation, I rarely find anything good decently priced. It is run by an elderly community. I think they are trying to make their retirement off their old, musty smelling clothing. Every once in a while if the stars align I find something good there if someone's grandchildren have donated some good clothing, but not usually. I prefer the doggie thrift stores.

Our fourth stop the doggie thrift store, Retails. I got two new magazines for $1.00. I almost bought a used watch which was cute, and along with it came a free installed watch battery from the local jeweler. When I asked how much the watch was the woman said how about $8.00. No offense for a used watch not even made from very high quality material $8.00 seemed a tad pricey. We have friends that are very involved with the humane society, I may have to inquire about their thrift store pricing :)


Our fifth and final stop the green closet located in the Children's Museum. I found this adorable pair of shoes for Miss Baby for $1.00 soooo cute! This store is new to our rotation. I was given advice by a friend's mother to head over and see their cute clothing. Pretty much everything is a dollar.




My total purchase for $7.00

  • 2 new magazines $1.00
  • new shoes for miss baby $1.00
  • tupperware-I needed new ones I have the same kind as my inlaws and they keep stealing it so this is my non stealable new tupperware, gloves, garlic powder, tissues, q-tips for miss baby.

1 comment:

  1. well you made dad and I laugh out loud! you are so funny with your rotation method. better hope that the people with the musty clothes don't read your blog you'll be banned. Loved the post and miss baby's shoes. oh and do the in laws read your blog?
    love to you all and a big squeeze to miss baby.
    mom :0)

    ReplyDelete