Sunday, October 10, 2010

Good Old Country Fair

I just love three day weekends, especially with beautiful fall days attached to them. This weekend was a busy one. We went to the Octoberfest up at Attash Ski Area on Saturday. We had a nice time, it was beautiful out and hubby got to drink some of their delicioius beers. Sunday we went to the Sandwich fair with both the Dupuis and Danforth families. This is the second year we've done this and we had fun!

Here are the men eating their fair goodies. My hubby is on the left, his dad in the middle, and my dad on the end.
This was the 100th year for the Sandwich Fair and I had to laugh at this booth.... I don't know about you ladies but I haven't used a scrunchie since 1985. Maybe this is where my old scrunchies went to live.














The last thing we did was watch the parade









I love the old carriages, and the paper mache person was wicked cool. My favorite parts of the parade were the over the hill climbers club ( I am extremely impressed how inshape all of these old time climbers are) and the float that had a local couple who had gotten married on 10/10/10 (they went as the ball and chain, she has alot to learn :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment