Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Great Valentine's Day Gift and a Challenge

My mom for Valentine's Day gave me a $5.00 gift card to Rite Aid. Her and my father laughed and said I could make that $5.00 into $50.00. So I figured what the hell why not give it a try.


Miss Baby snuck into the background. Isn't her little pink wool sweater cute with that blue turtleneck. Her whole outfit cost about a $1.00. That's my thrifty girl.


The toothpaste was $3.50 but i got $3.50 in uprewards to use later


The hair mouse was 50% off so it was 3.49. I had a $3.00 coupon off so it was $.49


The lotion was $2.99 with $2.00 in uprewards to use later and I had a $1.00 coupon off.


My coupons weren't ringing in the register was having an issue. So I could have made $1.00 but the other coupon never rang through correctly.


Total: $5.98


Total Back in register rewards $5.50


So I spent $.48 cents of my gift card :)

3 comments:

  1. Would you like to do my shopping too? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's our girl we knew you could do it.
    Love you Miss Baby
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, are you brilliant at bargains. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

    ReplyDelete