Saturday, January 9, 2010

Shaws Shaws Shaws Shaws Shaws


So I must say that my grocery shopping trip was extremely successful today. Shaws was having some great sales and I had some great coupons. All my coupons were found either for free online or in the Sunday paper. I bought $112.24 worth of groceries before coupons (34 items). Out of Pocket (oop) I paid $44.93 that is a 60% savings (if I did my math correctly).


Alot of people ask if I buy alot of junk food on sale, and if anything I buy is healthy. This trip was a very healthy frugal trip. Here are some of the foods included in our trip:


  • (2) 24 packs of bottled water
  • (1) 6 pack of bottled water
  • (2) packages of salad express
  • bananas
  • cucumbers
  • (2) packages of special K cereal
  • (3) boxes of special K bars
  • cantaloupe
  • (3) cans progresso soups
  • chicken
  • carrots
  • Hamburger
  • v8 Juice

Thats just a sampling of what I bought today. I calculated that I put in about 30-45min planning my grocery list. This included planning dinners, cutting out the coupons, and writing a list of what we needed.

I think that the state needs to have a program where they teach people how to frugally food shop. One of my goals is to spend less then $50.00 a week and still eat a healthy diet. Alot of people on state assistance have a strict amount they need to spend each week and this would help to maximize their budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment